Study Abroad Programme
Study Abroad Students may apply to attend for:
- Full Year 2016-17 (mid September to early June)
- Semester One 2016-17 - full semester (mid September to late January)
- Semester One 2016-17 - teaching period only (mid September to late December)*
- Semester Two 2016-17 (late January to early June)
* In 2016-17, the examination period for Semester One takes place in January after the Christmas vacation. Students applying for Semester One, who are required to recommence their studies at their home university in early January, may apply to attend for the Semester One teaching period only. Alternative assessment arrangements are available for these students. For modules in Humanities and Social Science subjects, students are normally asked to submit additional essays or coursework in lieu of the final examination. For modules in Business, Engineering or Science subjects, the final examination is normally proctored at the student's home university on the scheduled date in January.
The academic year stucture at Queen's is changing in 2017-18. The new structure will be:
- Full Year 2017-18 (mid September to early June)
- Semester One 2017-18 (mid September to late December)
- Semester Two 2017-18 (early January to early June)
Please see the full semester dates below.