Just Announced - Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme
The Mitchell Institute is delighted to announce that we have been awarded a DFID Award, as part of the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme.
The University has two awards under this scheme to support scholars commencing their studies in 2017-18. The awards are available to students taking the following one year Master's degree programmes:
Each scholarship* normally covers for the successful candidate:
- Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award (arranged by the university)
- Approved tuition and examination fees
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,043 per month, (rates quoted at 2016-2017 levels)
- Thesis grant towards the cost of preparing a dissertation, where applicable (claimed from and paid by the university; funded by the CSC)
- Warm clothing allowance and visa reimbursement, where applicable
- Study travel grant towards the costs of study-related travel within the UK or overseas (claimed from and paid by the university; funded by the CSC)
- Excess baggage allowance, up to an annual approved limit, when returning home (claimed from and paid by the university; funded by the CSC)
*Please note that candidates should be sufficiently fluent in written and spoken English to pursue their proposed studies. A pre-sessional English course is not covered by the scholarship.
For more information in how to apply for the Scholarship please click here.