Check out our available scholarships
The Ann Browne Masters Scholarship in Conflict Transformation and Social Justice - September 2016
A scholarship award is available for UK/GB/Ireland students who have applied to the MA in Conflict Transformation and Social Justice commencing September 2017 at Queen’s University Belfast. The Scholarship is funded through a pecuniary legacy gift from Chris Browne, the sister of Ann Browne.
Ann Browne graduated from Queen’s University in the early 1970s with a BA degree in Spanish. This fund is to commemorate the life and work of Ann Browne.
The Ann Browne scholarship will cover tuition fees for one UK/GB/Ireland applicant for full-time study on the MA in Conflict Transformation and Social Justice, for September 2017 entry.
A formal application process will be held for this scholarship, the date of this has yet to be announced. If you have any queries regarding the Scholarship or application process please contact Dr Ulrike M. Vieten.
2017-18 Commonwealth Shared Scholarships Scheme (DFID Award)
The University has two awards under this scheme to support scholars commencing their studies in 2017-18. One of the awards is available to students applying to the MA in Conflict Transformation and Social Justice.
Each scholarship* normally covers for the successful candidate:
- Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award (arranged by the university)
- Approved tuition and examination fees
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,043 per month, (rates quoted at 2016-2017 levels)
- Thesis grant towards the cost of preparing a dissertation, where applicable (claimed from and paid by the university; funded by the CSC)
- Warm clothing allowance and visa reimbursement, where applicable
- Study travel grant towards the costs of study-related travel within the UK or overseas (claimed from and paid by the university; funded by the CSC)
- Excess baggage allowance, up to an annual approved limit, when returning home (claimed from and paid by the university; funded by the CSC)
*Please note that candidates should be sufficiently fluent in written and spoken English to pursue their proposed studies. A pre-sessional English course is not covered by the scholarship.
*No additional allowances are available for spouses or other dependants.
For more information and details on how to apply for this opportunity please click here.