Our aim is simple – to be distinguished by our academic strengths and recognised globally for the social, economic and cultural benefit we deliver through our research.
Our Faculties, Schools and Clusters
View the research profile of our faculties, schools and research clusters.
Search our Research Publications
50,000+ research outputs with links to DOIs and open access full text when available.
Search for our Research Staff
View the research profiles for all our researchers.
See the Impact of our Research
See the impact of our research in society.
Our REF2014 results
Queen’s returned over 95% of academic staff, which was the fifth largest percentage of staff returned in the REF2014. The University also has 14 subject areas ranked within the UK’s Top 20 and 76% of its research classified in the top two categories of world leading and internationally excellent.
Our European Union Projects
View our latest Horizon 2020 Projects
Queen’s has coordinated about 50 projects and been involved in 90 other projects under the 7th Framework Programme. In Horizon 2020, Queen’s has already secured 30 new grants.
We are delighted to welcome our Queen’s Fellows
The appointments have been made as part of the prestigious Queen’s University Research Fellowship Scheme which aims to attract, retain and develop the very best of research talent.
Forthcoming & Latest Publications
- Quantitative Surface-enhanced Raman Spectroscopy of Single Bases in Oligodeoxynucleotides
- The conditions for difference and disruption to productively catalyse ethical obligation
- Recipients' reception of equity-agenda programmes in a rapidly transforming higher education context. Recording of presentation made at HETL Diversity and Inclusion conference in Paisley, Scotland, 27-30 June 2017.
- Cancer and serious mental illness: A qualitative exploration–findings
- Understanding the role of bereavement in the pathway to suicide
- Inhibition of ataxia telangiectasia related-3 (ATR) improves therapeutic index in preclinical models of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) radiotherapy
- Removal of scatter radiation in paediatric cardiac catheterisation: a randomised controlled clinical trial
- SERS and SERRS Detection of the DNA Lesion 8-Nitroguanine: a Self-Labeling Modification
- Phylogenetic age differences in tree assemblages across the Northern Hemisphere increase with long-term climate stability in unstable regions
- Carotid artery intimal medial thickness and carotid artery plaques in hypertensive patients with non-arteritic anterior ischaemic optic neuropathy