Our aim is simple – to be distinguished by our academic strengths and recognised globally for the social, economic and cultural benefit we deliver through our research.
Our Faculties, Schools and Clusters
View the research profile of our faculties, schools and research clusters.
Search our Research Publications
50,000+ research outputs with links to DOIs and open access full text when available.
Search for our Research Staff
View the research profiles for all our researchers.
See the Impact of our Research
See the impact of our research in society.
Our REF2014 results
Queen’s returned over 95% of academic staff, which was the fifth largest percentage of staff returned in the REF2014. The University also has 14 subject areas ranked within the UK’s Top 20 and 76% of its research classified in the top two categories of world leading and internationally excellent.
Our European Union Projects
View our latest Horizon 2020 Projects
Queen’s has coordinated about 50 projects and been involved in 90 other projects under the 7th Framework Programme. In Horizon 2020, Queen’s has already secured 30 new grants.
We are delighted to welcome our Queen’s Fellows
The appointments have been made as part of the prestigious Queen’s University Research Fellowship Scheme which aims to attract, retain and develop the very best of research talent.
Forthcoming & Latest Publications
- When Britain turned inward: Protection and the shift towards Empire in Interwar Britain
- Women Voters and Trade Protectionism in the Interwar Years
- The coming and going of a marl lake: multi-indicator palaeolimnology reveals abrupt ecological change and alternative views of reference conditions
- Refining the palaeoecology of lacustrine testate amoebae: insights from a plant macrofossil record from a eutrophic Scottish lake
- Situating ‘the author’ within the development and assessment of teaching portfolios
- Education achievement and type 2 diabetes-what mediates the relationship in older adults?: Data from the ESTHER study: a population-based cohort study
- Making allowance for doubt: Arguing for validity in evaluation processes
- Comparison of general obesity and measures of body fat distribution in older adults in relation to cancer risk: meta-analysis of individual participant data of seven prospective cohorts in Europe
- Creating the conditions for creativity: looking at assessment in fine art studio practice
- Using metaphoric storytelling in the evaluation of a fine art photography course