Gather supporting documentation
To make sure your application is processed in the fastest possible time, you must scan and upload the following supporting documents along with your application. We may not be able to make a decision on your application until we have received all your relevant documents.
Please upload good quality scanned copies of the following:
- Degree transcripts for all completed periods of study (undergraduate level and above).
- If your degree is still in progress, you must provide a transcript of results achieved to date. This can be requested from your University.
- Copies of your official Degree/Diploma Certificates, for the qualification(s) you have already completed. These are the documents that confirm the level and title of your qualification(s), for example, Bachelor of Science in Mathematics.
- For each qualification, the degree transcript and degree award certificate should be combined in one document for uploading. You may upload a combined document in respect of one undergraduate course, and additional combined documents for up to three postgraduate courses.
- Research proposal (for MPhil/PhD/MD applicants only).
- Certified translations, if your original documents are not in English. If you do not have translations at the time of application, please forward by email to firstname.lastname@example.org when available.
- English language requirements: applicants whose first language is not English will need to show evidence of an acceptable level of competency in the English language.
Please note that there is no need to mail original documents to us at this stage. However, you will need to produce the original documents when applying for your student visa and to complete registration and enrolment at the University at the start of the programme.
If you studied/are studying at a Higher Education Provider in the UK/ROI/EU, you are required to upload degree transcripts for all current or completed periods of study. If you have completed your degree, you must also upload the degree award certificate. These should be combined in one document for uploading.
A research proposal is also required from MPhil/PhD/MD applicants.
Postgraduate Certificate in Education Applicants
Postgraduate Certificate in Education applicants must upload copies of their GCSE and A-level (or equivalent) certificates along with a copy of their University transcript (and degree award certificate, if available). These should be combined in one document for uploading.
For all applications (Postgraduate Taught and Research), you must include the names and contact details of two referees, normally academics, who are familiar with your undergraduate and/or postgraduate studies. If you have taken a higher degree or postgraduate course, one of your referees should normally be from that institution. If you have been away from higher education for some time, you may use an employer as one of your referees.
You do not need to include reference letters with your application. These will be requested directly by the University if required. Please therefore ensure that you carefully enter the correct email addresses for your referees.