All students entering the University for the first time to undertake a primary degree, and who have achieved at least three ‘A’ grades at A-Level (including AVCEs), are eligible to enter the University’s annual A-Level Entrance Scholarship Competition to receive one (or more) of the following awards:
- David Russell Lappin Scholarship - £600 per annum for 3 years (1 award)
- John Sinclair Porter Scholarship - £600 per annum for 3 years (2 awards)
- Sullivan Scholarship - £1,000 per annum for 3 years (1 award)
- Sullivan (RBAI) Scholarship - £200 per annum for 3 years(1 award)
- Reid-Harwood Scholarship - £800 per annum for 3 years (1 award)
- Megaw Scholarship - £900 (1 award)
- Pakenham Scholarships - £200 per annum for 3 years (2 awards)
- Dunwoody Scholarships - £500 per annum for 3 years (2 awards)
Further details on each award are available within the Application Form.
CLOSING DATE: 4.00PM ON WEDNESDAY, 12 OCTOBER 2016
The recipients will be determined on the basis of their three best A-Level marks. The onus will be on each applicant to forward completed application forms, together with documentary evidence of their uniform examination marks at A2 level, to the Student Guidance Centre by the closing date.
Awards will be made by the University’s Scholarships and Awards Group in November 2016. Only the successful candidates will be contacted once the exercise is complete. Payment of scholarships will be made during Semester 2, subject to confirmation of satisfactory performance in Semester 1.
Awards are subject to funding availability.