- Who is eligible to register for Adjustment?
- When does Adjustment begin and end?
- How do I register for Adjustment?
- Should I register for Adjustment?
- What happens after I register for Adjustment?
- Which courses at Queen's have Adjustment vacancies?
You will be eligible to register to use Adjustment if:
- your results have met and exceeded the conditions of your conditional firm (CF) choice; and
- you have paid the full application fee. If you have paid the single application fee and want to use Adjustment, you need to pay an additional fee.
You are not eligible to use Adjustment if:
- you are confirmed (UF) at your firm choice but did not exceed the conditions of the offer;
- you have a confirmed place on a changed course offer;
- your original offer was unconditional; or
- you are unsuccessful at your firm choice and are accepted by your insurance choice institution.
The Adjustment process is available from A-Level results day (17 August 2017 until 31 August 2017).
Your individual Adjustment period starts on 17 August or when your conditional firm (CF) choice changes to unconditional firm (UF), whichever is later. From this time you have a maximum of five calendar days (five 24 hour periods, including Saturdays and Sundays) to register and secure an alternative course, if you decide this is what you want to do.
If you want to try to find an alternative course you must register to use Adjustment so universities and colleges can view your application.
Your Track 'choices' page shows you when your Adjustment period ends. If you become eligible to use Adjustment less than five calendar days before 31 August, you have the remaining time before then to find an alternative place. For example, if you become unconditional firm on 30 August you will have two days to use the process.
If you do not find a suitable place elsewhere in Adjustment you will remain accepted at your original choice.
If you want to use Adjustment, you will need to register in Track.
The option to register will be displayed for all applicants whose place has been confirmed (status has changed from conditional firm (CF) to unconditional firm (UF)). However, you are only eligible if you have met and exceeded your original CF offer conditions. It will be up to the universities and colleges to verify this.
To use Adjustment:
- Register in UCAS Track by clicking on 'Register for Adjustment' on your 'choices' screen.
- Contact a university or college to find another place.
- The institution will check that you have met and exceeded the conditions of your unconditional firm choice.
- The institution will tell you if they can offer you a place, and you tell them if you want to accept it.
- If you are accepted through Adjustment, your UCAS Track screen will be updated with the new choice and UCAS will send you a confirmation letter.
If you are eligible to use Adjustment, please consider these points before you register:
- Adjustment is entirely optional, and not everyone will want to try to find an alternative place. Nothing really beats the careful research you did before you made your application to find the right courses for you.
- There is no guarantee there will be any vacancies on the course you decide you want to be considered for, and it is very unlikely that the most competitive courses will have any places available. If you are in this situation you may wish to re-apply for entry in 2018 in order to be considered for all courses. If other applicants decide to move places, the vacancy situation may change on a daily basis.
- Before deciding to use Adjustment, you must also consider non-academic arrangements such as accommodation and student finance. These may be difficult to secure or there may be delays if changes are made at short notice.
- Talk to your parents or a careers adviser at your school, college or local careers office. They can help you decide whether to register to use Adjustment.
- If you register to use Adjustment, the university or college will check that your results were higher than those you needed to meet the conditions of your firm choice. Please make sure you understand exactly what this means.
- You may contact more than one university or college to discuss vacancies, but you will only receive one formal decision through Adjustment.
- If you have not received an alternative offer through UCAS before your Adjustment period ends, you will revert back to your original place.
- Your individual Adjustment period started when your conditional firm (CF) choice changed to unconditional firm (UF). Your Track screen displays the date and time that your Adjustment period will end.
- You will need to contact the admissions offices at universities and colleges direct to discuss possible vacancies and their entry requirements. There are no Adjustment Vacancy lists. Courses at Queen's which have declared Clearing Vacancies will consider applicants applying through Adjustment. See our Clearing Vacancies.
- To apply for adjustment vacancies at Queen's follow the instructions on the Clearing and Adjustment vacancies webpage. See our Clearing Vacancies.
- When you contact a university or college make it clear that you are applying through Adjustment, not Clearing. If they want to consider you they will ask for your Personal ID, so they can view your application. Please note, if you have registered to use Adjustment on 17 August, it may take a short time for your registration to be processed, and for the universities and colleges to be able to view your application.
- If you are offered an alternative place and accept it, you will be giving up your original confirmed place. The new university or college will update UCAS, and the details will be displayed in the 'choices' section on your UCAS Track account. UCAS will also send you a new Confirmation letter. Please note that having been accepted to a new place via Adjustment your original choice will lapse.
- If you don't find an alternative place before your Adjustment period ends, you will remain accepted at your original university or college.
There are no separate Adjustment Vacancy lists. Courses at Queen's which have declared Clearing Vacancies will also consider applicants applying through Adjustment. To apply for Adjustment Vacancies at Queen's follow the instructions on the Clearing and Adjustment Vacancies webpage. See our Clearing Vacancies.