What is Vision 2020?
The Vice-Chancellor is leading the development of a University Vision to take us to 2020 and beyond. This Vision is based on world class leadership in the pursuit of excellence, impacting society.
A world class international university that supports outstanding students and staff, working in world class facilities, conducting leading-edge education and research, focused on the needs of society.
Vision 2020 priorities
Increase research income
From £55m to £110m
Increase postgraduate profile
From 23% to 30%
Increase International students
from 8% to 20%
Progress to date
To date, the following actions have been delivered:
- Size and Shape Review Report approved by Senate April 2016 (Institutional Size and Shape Review 2016 pdf)
- Agreed annual targets for growth
- 4 new Global Research Institutes and 6 new Pioneer Research Programmes approved
- New Academic Standards, aligned to Vision 2020 ambitions
- Appraisal Scheme revised
- Dean of the Graduate School appointed and new Graduate School opened
- New Faculty Pro-Vice-Chancellors appointed
- New Structures:
- University Executive Board;
- Faculty Executive Boards; and
- Professional Services Executive Board