Complete meeting Book of Abstracts in PDF format
Download APiP 2011 2nd announcement here
The APiP meetings started in 1977 as the American Physical Society (APS) Topical Conferences. However, since 2007 the APiP conferences has been referred to as "International", to better reflect the true nature of the meeting. More information on the history of the APiP conference series is avialable from the NIST Physical Measurement Laboratory pages.
This is the first time that the APiP conference is held outside the U.S. It will take place on 19-22 July 2011 in Belfast, the capital city of Northern Ireland (UK), and will be hosted by Queen's University Belfast.
While retaining its identity, in 2011 the APiP conference is an official satellite of ICPEAC 2011, a major biennial conference in the area of Electronic, Photonic and Atomic Collisions (Belfast, 27 July - 2 August 2011), allowing the two meetings to benefit from this synergy.
The APiP 2011 scientific programme consists of plenary lectures, invited talks and poster contributions.
- Low-temperature/atmospheric plasmas
- Astrophysical plasmas
- Small laser-produced plasmas
- High energy density plasmas
- Magnetic-fusion plasmas
- Next generation light sources
- Measurements of atomic processes
- Fundamental data and modelling
We wish to thank the following for their contribution to the success of this conference:
- Royal Astronomical Society
- European Office of Aerospace Research and Development, Air Force Office of Scientific Research, United States Air Force Research Laboratory (www.london.af.mil)
- AWE Aldermaston
- Office of Science for Fusion Energy Sciences, U.S. Department of Energy (www.ofes.science.doe.gov)
- Atomic and Molecular Interactions Group (www.iop.org/activity/groups/subject/ami/)