Welcome to the Cultural Dynamics and Emotions Network (CDEN) website. On this site you will find details about the Network and its activities as well as resources for scholars and students engaged in the study of emotions and cultural processes.
CDEN - The Cultural Dynamics and Emotions Network
CDEN was set up in March 2007 with the aim to stimulate international and interdisciplinary research on cultural dynamics and emotions. The Network intends to build on recent debates in the fields of globalisation and emotion studies that investigate emotional processes in a world of movement.
Objectives of the CDEN Website
- to offer up-to-date information about the activities of CDEN,
- to serve as a platform for global interdisciplinary debate about cultural production and emotions,
- to be a point of contact for lecturers in the
School of History and Anthropology (Queens University Belfast), MOP Vaishnav College for women and other universities to exchange lecture material and facilitate interaction and cooperation between students in Belfast, Chennai and other places,
- to be a point of contact for lecturers and students in universities elsewhere,
- to create a bibliography with relevant references that can be used for teaching and research purposes,
- to create a virtual visual library with images and film footage that can be used for teaching and research purposes,
- to stimulate communication between students who are involved in the production of text, image, and sound, and/or interested in academic debates about cultural processes and emotional dynamics.
Further objectives of CDEN
- to explore funding possibilities for teaching exchanges
- to explore funding possibilities for student exchanges
- to explore funding possibilities for postgraduate and postdoctoral research
- to explore funding possibilities for talks and conferences
- to explore funding possibilities for exhibitions, performances and events
If you have any suggestion as to how you would like to use this website, contact us at: