Staff Excellence Awards a big winner!
Congratulations to all of the winners in the Staff Excellence Awards.
The winners were announced at a gala ceremony in February in the Whitla Hall, hosted by Sarah Travers and Mark Simpson.
Open to all staff, awards were presented in six categories with individual prizes of £1,000 available.
The award categories were aligned with the University’s Core Values and a nine-strong Judging Panel selected those entrants who most closely embodied the values.
The winners were:
- Chloe Dugan (Delivering Excellence category);
- Queen’s University Environment Team (Team of the Year);
- Dr Luke Moffett (Achieving Ambition);
- Patricia Reilly (Outstanding Leadership);
- Lucia Kearney and Vivienne Courtney (Community Impact);
- Professor Sir John McCanny (Lifetime Achievement).
This is the first year of the Staff Excellence Awards which were established to recognise and celebrate the achievements of staff across the University. Over 200 nominations were received. The 2017 Awards will be launched in October.
More news and features
16/01/2018 - Two Queen’s University Belfast researchers are set to receive prestigious awards from the Royal Astronomical Society (RAS).
6/12/2017 - Four world-class researchers at Queen’s University have been recognised for the positive impact of their work at the Vice-Chancellor’s Research Prizes 2017.