The Personal Tutor's main role is to "promote reflection upon and support for the student's general academic development." (Personal Tutor Guide, June 2008). In doing this, Personal Tutors will often encourage their students to engage in PDP by:
- Critically evaluating their progress and the feedback that they are receiving
- Making plans to add to their existing achievements
- Referring them on for specialist guidance, where appropriate. Examples of possible referral points include the Adviser of Studies, Careers Adviser, Librarian or a service that can support the student in addressing issues of a non-academic nature.
Information for Personal Tutors
- Personal Tutor Guide, July 2011 (2nd Edition)
- Personal Tutor Referral Chart (updated biannually)
- For Further guidance or support for Personal Tutoring contact firstname.lastname@example.org