Learning and Teaching Events
The Teaching and Learning Events for 2013-2014 are currently being arranged. Details will be added as they become available.
Guest Speaker Series 2013-14
10 April 2014 - 'Student Activity at the Heart of Learning', facilitated by Dr David Baume, Higher Education Consultant, 10 am - 1 pm, Careers Information Room, Level 1, Student Guidance Centre. Download flyer.
14 May 2014 - 'Developing online learning: from e-Learning to MOOCs', facilitated by Dr Jen Ross, Programme Director of the online MSc in Digital Education', 10 am - 1 pm, Canada Room/Council Chamber.
Higher Education Lunchtime Forums
Jayne Bassett, Brendan Murtagh and Aileen Stockdale, School of Planning, Architecture and Civil Engineering
Friday 6 June 2014
1.00pm – 1.55pm in the Old Staff Common Room (Sandwich lunch provided from 12.45 pm)
Assessment and Feedback: a Road to Success
26 June 2014, Canada Room/Council Chamber
A range of questions will be considered, including:
- How can we make our feedback more effective and accessible for students?
- What sort of skills, materials and information do students need to make use of feedback? When?
- Which common practices and standards should we be seeking to adopt in the assessment and feedback process?
- What sort of efficiencies can we bring to assessment and feedback?
- How can we assess to develop student employability?
- How can we develop more authentic assessment?
Professor Margaret Price, ASKe Pedagogy Research Centre at Oxford Brookes University
Richard Osborne, Project Manager of the Jisc-funded COLLABORATE project, University of Exeter
There will also be an opportunity to catch up with developments in Queen's own Jisc-funded e-AFFECT Project (Assessment and Feedback for Effective Course Transformations) over lunch in the Great Hall.
Internal participants should register through iTrent via Queen's Online>Other>Training Courses (fuzzy search on "Assessment and Feedback").
External participants should contact email@example.com