Learning and Teaching Events
The Teaching and Learning Events for 2014-2015 are currently being arranged. Details will be added as they become available.
Guest Speaker Series 2014-15
Details of the 2014-15 Guest Speaker Series will be available here shortly.
Higher Education Lunchtime Forums
Details of the Higher Education Lunchtime Forums 2014-15 will be available here shortly.
Assessment and Feedback: a Road to Success
26 June 2014, Canada Room/Council Chamber
A range of questions will be considered, including:
- How can we make our feedback more effective and accessible for students?
- What sort of skills, materials and information do students need to make use of feedback? When?
- Which common practices and standards should we be seeking to adopt in the assessment and feedback process?
- What sort of efficiencies can we bring to assessment and feedback?
- How can we assess to develop student employability?
- How can we develop more authentic assessment?
Professor Margaret Price, ASKe Pedagogy Research Centre at Oxford Brookes University
Richard Osborne, Project Manager of the Jisc-funded COLLABORATE project, University of Exeter
There will also be an opportunity to catch up with developments in Queen's own Jisc-funded e-AFFECT Project (Assessment and Feedback for Effective Course Transformations) over lunch in the Great Hall.
Internal participants should register through iTrent via Queen's Online>Other>Training Courses (fuzzy search on "Assessment and Feedback").
External participants should contact firstname.lastname@example.org