Learning and Teaching Events
The Teaching and Learning Events for 2013-2014 are currently being arranged. Details will be added as they become available.
Guest Speaker Series 2013-14
Flipping the Teaching
Dr Simon Lancaster
University of East Anglia
27 March 2014, 10 am - 1pm
Canada Room/Council Chamber
Further details and registration information will be available shortly.
Higher Education Lunchtime Forums
Expanding Horizons: teaching through internships
Dr Olwen Purdue, History and Anthropology and Dr Patrick Fitzgerald, Mellon Centre for Migration Studies
Wednesday 26 February 2014
1.00pm – 1.55pm in the Old Staff Common Room (Sandwich lunch provided from 12.45 pm)
Assessment and Feedback: a road to success
26 June 2014, Canada Room/Council Chamber
A range of questions will be considered, including:
- How can we make our feedback more effective and accessible for students?
- What sort of skills, materials and information do students need to make use of feedback? When?
- Which common practices and standards should we be seeking to adopt in the assessment and feedback process?
- What sort of efficiencies can we bring to assessment and feedback?
- How can we assess to develop student employability?
- How can we develop more authentic assessment?
Professor Margaret Price, ASKe Pedagogy Research Centre at Oxford Brookes University
Richard Osborne, Project Manager of the Jisc-funded COLLABORATE project, University of Exeter
There will also be an opportunity to catch up with developments in Queen's own Jisc-funded e-AFFECT Project (Assessment and Feedback for Effective Course Transformations) over lunch in the Great Hall.
Further details on the Conference will be available shortly.