The workshops in this section are designed for lecturers, research staff and teaching assistants who would like to develop and build on their knowledge and skills related to teaching in higher education. Those relatively new to teaching in higher education and more experienced staff are welcome to attend. The majority of the sessions are half-day workshops unless indicated otherwise.
The workshops in the CPD programme have been organised to reflect the Higher Education Academy’s Professional Standards framework.
Browse workshops by: Topic | Date
A1 Designing and Planning of Learning Activities
- An Introduction to Queen's Online for Learning and Teaching
- Design and Development of eLearning Content with the CMS Templates
- Experiencing and Facilitating Online Learning
- Using Technology to Enhance Online Learning
A2 Teaching and Supporting Student Learning
- Dynamic PowerPoint Presentations
- Flipping the Lecture
- Laboratory Demonstrating
- Mindfulness and Teaching with Emotional Intelligence
- Preparing and Giving Lectures, theory and practice
- Small Group Teaching
- Teaching Larger Classes
- Using the Personal Response System in your Classes
A3 Assessment and Giving Feedback
- Using Computer Assisted Assessment (including QuestionMark)
- Using GradeMark to Give Feedback
- Using the TurnitinUK Originality Checking Software
A4 Student Support and Guidance
A5 Engage in Continuing Professional Development in Subjects/Disciplines and their Pedagogy
Registration is via Queen’s Online (In the navigation under My Services, select Other then Training Courses) or by contacting The Centre for Educational Development on ext 1447.