The workshops in this section are designed for lecturers, research staff and teaching assistants who would like to develop and build on their knowledge and skills related to teaching in higher education. Those relatively new to teaching in higher education and more experienced staff are welcome to attend. The majority of the sessions are half-day workshops unless indicated otherwise. Professional Development Series comprises a number of lunchtime sessions throughout the academic year.
The workshops in the CPD programme have been organised to reflect the Higher Education Academy’s Professional Standards framework.
Browse workshops by: Date |Topic
A1 Designing and Planning of Learning Activities
A2 Teaching and Supporting Student Learning
- Digital Literacies Workshop 1: Using technology to improve curriculum design
- Digital Literacies Workshop 2: Using digital technologies to enhance content delivery
- Digital Literacies Workshop 3: Using Digital Tools for Assessment and Feedback
- Digital Literacies Workshop 4: Using technology to transform the student learning experience
- Dynamic PowerPoint Presentations
- Laboratory Demonstrating
- Mindfulness and Teaching with Emotional Intelligence
- Small Group Teaching
- Using the Personal Response System in your Classes
A3 Assessment and Giving Feedback
- QuestionMark (for Computer Assisted Assessment)
- Writing Good Multiple Choice Questions (Workshop)
- Using the TurnitinUK Originality Checking Software
A4 Student Support and Guidance
A5 Engage in Continuing Professional Development in Subjects/Disciplines and their Pedagogy
Registration is via Queen’s Online (In the navigation under My Services, select Other then Training Courses) or by contacting The Centre for Educational Development on ext 1447.