Date: 12 October 2016 (Please note this course was originally 19 but is now 12 october 2016)
Time: 2.00 pm – 4.30 pm
Additional courses on: 18 January 2017, 2.00 pm – 4.30 pm – to be confirmed
20 participants maximum
Those involved with laboratory teaching in Engineering, Science and Health Sciences, in particular laboratory demonstrators and academic and research staff with responsibility for laboratory teaching.
Aim: To explore methods of teaching in laboratories, drawing on practical experience.
- The role of a demonstrator
- What makes for effective demonstrating?
- Planning, preparation and organisation
- Methods for small group work in the laboratory
- Communication skills for demonstrators
Registration is via Queen’s Online (In the navigation under My Services, select Other, then Training Courses).
Booking URL: http://www.qub.ac.uk/qol