Date: 17 October 2012
Time: 2.00 pm – 5.00 pm
Additional courses on:
23 January 2013, 2.00 pm – 5.00 pm
16 participants maximum
Designed for: Those involved with laboratory teaching in Engineering, Science and Health Sciences,in particular laboratory demonstrators and academic and research staff with responsibility for laboratory teaching.
Aim: To explore methods of teaching in laboratories, drawing on practical experience.
- The role of a demonstrator
- What makes for effective demonstrating?
- Planning, preparation and organisation
- Methods for small group work in the laboratory
- Communication skills for demonstrators
Registration is via Queen’s Online (In the navigation under My Services, select Other then Training Courses).