QUB Teaching Awards 2018
The Teaching Awards scheme for 2018 is now open. The closing date for receipt of applications is 5 pm on Wednesday 14 March 2018. Further information about the scheme is available in the Notes for Guidance.
A Briefing Session will be held on 23 January 2018 to provide advice and guidance for potential applicants - the slides from last year's Briefing Session are available here.
1. Rising Stars (Open to individual academic and learning support colleagues teaching/supporting learning for fewer than nine years)
2. Sustained Excellence Category (Open to individual academic and learning support colleagues teaching or supporting learning between
9 and 20 years)
3. Career Impact Award (This category is open to individual colleagues who have been teaching/supporting learning within higher education for
over 20 years. Applicants in this category will be expected to demonstrate how their work has had national/international impact within their discipline.)
4. Excellence in Teaching or Learning Support by a Team (Open to teams of academic and learning support colleagues.)
5. Student-nominated (This category is promoted to the students by the Students' Union. Students wishing to nominate a member of staff should contact the VP for Education in the Students' Union for further information). Nominated staff will be contacted by CED and invited to submit an application for consideration by the Teaching Awards panel.
Samples of successful applications from previous years are available to download.
Showcase of Previous Winners
A series of short video and audio presentations about previous recipients of Queen’s University Teaching Awards are available in this section.