Originality Checking with TurnitinUK
This is online service which does not require any additional software to be installed on your PC and contains a database of 1.8 billion websites, online papers and essays (including archived material).
The Centre for Educational Development provides training and advice in the following areas:
- Providing staff with sign up information and getting started instructions for Turnitin software.
- Central point of contact for receiving information from, giving feedback to and reporting problems to iParadigms - the Turnitin software providers.
- “Helpdesk” service on Turnitin software for Queen’s staff.
Advice to Schools /Individuals
- Advice on how to use the software to help educate students about plagiarism.
- Consultancy on how to systematically and equitably use the service to check originality without infringing student rights.
- Face-to-face workshops Using the Turnitin Originality Checking Software are available. View details and dates of the workshops during 2012/2013
Video Tutorials for Students
Download the videos for use in Queen's Online
- Signing in to the TurnitinUk Service (wmv, 4.6MB)
- Uploading an Assignment (wmv, 7.4MB)
- Enrolling in a New Class (wmv, 680KB)
Turnitin Materials for Staff
n.b. You are currently advised to use Firefox when viewing large originality reports within Turnitin (Feb 2012)
- Viewing the New Look Originality Report (PDF, 434KB)
- Setting up an Assignment: view originality report, submit many times (PDF, 390KB)
- Setting up an Assignment: view originality report, one submission followed by resubmission (PDF, 452KB)
- Setting up an Assignment: One submission do not see originality report (PDF, 453KB)
- Student Introduction to Turnitin Originality Checking Service (PPT, 710KB)
Should you wish to register with the TurnitinUK service please contact Gill Kelly on extension 1569 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, in order to receive sign up information and step by step instructions.