The Estates Directorate's recurrent budget is approximately £18 million, while in some years the capital spend can be as much as £50 million. The Administrative and Resources Division is reponsible for the management of these budgets and the administration of approved financial proceeses. In particular:
- Reviewing and monitoring spend on recurring and capital projects.
- Providing detailed spend and variance analysis to the Estates Management Group.
- Ensuring approriate procedures are in place for the approval and auditing of expenditure.
- Monitoring and review of service contracts.
- Challenging of purchase orders (approximately 4000 are generated by the Directorate each year) to ensure value for money.
- Managing the receipt and registration of supplier invoices for payment