Other Capital Projects (Completed)
| || || |
Refurbishment of Ashby floors 7,8,9 and 10 for Engineering teaching and research
Sports stand, Upper Malone outdoor sports facilities
Refurbishment of Psychology and SPACE accommodation, David Keir Building
Clinical Techniques Laboratory, School of Dentistry
Creation of Wellcome Trust-Wolfson Clinical Research Facility
External refurbishment of Elmwood Hall (Listed) including cleaning of, and repair to, stonework, and installation of new external lighting
Refurbishment of Ashby floors 1,2,4 and 6 for Engineering teaching and research
Construction of a six storey extension to the Anatomy wing of the Medical Biology Centre (MBC) to provide consolidated academic and administrative office accommodation for the School of Nursing and Midwifery
Phase 1 of a new landscaped East/West Link, which will eventually extend from Rugby Road, past the McClay Library and the International Postgraduate Centre, to the Whitla Hall front gate
Completion of the final stage of the overall vision for the MBC - the stripping and refit of Level 5 to create common core technology facilities and modern generic research lab accommodation that will facilitate world-class research
Refurbishment of Clinical Sciences A and B/Mulhouse Building, Royal Victoria Hospital (RVH), to provide modern and flexible research and office accommodation for the Vascular Biology Centre, Phase 2
The internal refurbishment of the Welcome Centre to create a high profile visitor and information retail facility.
- Refurbishment of the former Seamus Heaney Library as the International Postgraduate Student Centre
- Ground and first floor refurbishment of Whitla Medical Building (WMB) to upgrade medical teaching facilities, Phase 2
- Fit-out of upper floors of Health Sciences Building, Belfast City Hospital (BCH) site, for Infection, Immunity and Inflammation research
- Infrastructure works, Clinical Sciences A and B/Mulhouse Building, RVH, for the Centre for Vascular Biology, Phase 2
- Refurbishment of nos 2-8 Lennoxvale for INTO at Queen’s
- Ashby Tower Phase 1: refurbishment of floors 1, 2, 4 and 6 to provide modern teaching facilities to support a 21st century student-centred approach to engineering education.
- Works to Institute of Pathology and Clinical Sciences A and B, RVH site, for Vascular Biology Centre, Phase 1
- New four-storey 4,000m² Health Sciences Building, providing generic research and support accommodation
- New café and transition zone, MBC
- Major refurbishment programme, started in 2003, to upgrade and provide generic research and support accommodation in the Ashby Laboratory Block for the new Centres for Advanced Manufacturing and Advanced Materials and Processing
- Major refurbishment programme, started in 2003, to upgrade and provide generic research and support accommodation in the David Keir Building (DKB) for the new Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences and the integrated School of Civil Engineering, Architecture and Environmental Planning
- Works to Pharmacy Building for MPharm accreditation and King Chair Phase 2
- Refurbishment of medical teaching facilities in the WMB.
- Refurbishment of, and extension to, 1 College Gardens for the Student Guidance Centre, which provides a one-stop shop for student support services
- Construction of a new three-storey David Bates Building, adjacent to the McClay Library site
- Major re-development of Queen's Elms Student Village (Phases 1 to 10) involving the demolition of high rise residential tower blocks and central catering facilities, in favour of self-catered, purpose built, three-storey residential villas
- Centre for Cancer Research and Cell Biology - new build generic research and support accommodation
- Mulhouse and Institute of Pathology: refurbishment of teaching and academic office accommodation and creation of a new 400m2 research laboratory and support accommodation
- Refurbishment and upgrade of MBC Levels 4, 6, 7 and 8 to provide generic research and support accommodation.
- Creation of Bio-medical Library and IT facility (ground floor) and Clinical Skills facility (Level 2) MBC
- Students' Union: phased refurbishment, including alterations to the ground floor to provide a new social concourse with retail space and a food hall; upgrading of the mechanical and electrical services installations; ‘over-clad’ treatment to the University Road and Elmwood Avenue elevations; and creation of new glazed entrances
- Physical Education Centre (PEC): refurbishment of the existing building and construction of a 3000m² circular extension to provide a new fitness and exercise suite; climbing wall and dance studios; sports therapy and rehabilitation services; and reception, office accommodation and café facilities
- Social Work and Childcare Research: refurbishment of, and extension to, College Park East (nos 4-6) and 6 College Park to provide an integrated suite of teaching and office accommodation
- Institute of Lifelong Learning and new Graduate Research Centre: refurbishment of, and extension, to 12-24 College Green
- Centre for Climate, the Environment and Chronology (CHRONO): extension to the Palaeoecolgy building to accommodate the new Centre.
- Refurbishment of MBC Levels 1 and 3 to provide generic research and support accommodation, and to upgrade teaching facilities
- Sonic Arts Research Centre: new five-storey building, providing a unique and innovative research laboratory adjacent to the Northern Ireland Technology Centre
- Institute of Governance, Public Policy and Social Research: remodelling and extension to 53-67 University Road
- International Research Centre for Experimental Physics: four-storey laboratory extension into the courtyard space to the rear of the new Physics building for Atomic and Molecular Physics, Condensed Matter Physics and Molecular Science, and Plasma and Laser Interaction Physics
- Institute of Electronics, Communications and Information Technology: new build adjacent to the Thompson Dry Dock in the Titanic Quarter, Belfast, providing state-of-the-art research laboratories and support accommodation for the commercial exploitation of research in Electronics and Information Technology
- Construction of a new teaching centre at the base of the MBC tower block, providing a variety of centrally bookable lecture and seminar rooms
Centre for Drama and Film Studies: creation of a foyer space in 20 University Square linked to a new-build block at the rear of 15-22 University Square, offering specialist multi-purpose performance and rehearsal facilities for Drama, and a range of screening accommodation for Film Studies.
- Elmwood Learning and Teaching Centre: refurbishment of, and extension to, the former Geology building to create a technology-based Teaching and Learning Centre.