Waste Management and Recycling
A Sustainable Waste Management Strategy for the University has been developed. The main aims of the strategy are to:
- Reduce the quantities of waste generated and maximise recycling of those materials which enter the waste stream
- Ensure waste is managed with minimal impact on the environment and public health
- Develop a controlled internal process for the collection and preparation of wastes to enhance recycling and reduce costs
- Adopt and promote more sustainable practices of resource consumption and waste management
- Provide staff and students with increased opportunity to contribute to environmental protection
An A - Z Guide to Waste and Recycling for the majority of waste streams generated within the University has been prepared.