Financial Procedures Manual
The University's financial control framework consists of approved policies, regulations and operational procedures and the main purpose of this manual is to bring these to the attention of all staff and underline the responsibilities and accountabilities associated with delegated authority and the use of public and external funds.
As a charitable organisation funded primarily from public funds, it is essential that staff at all times demonstrate the highest levels of integrity, public accountability and stewardship.
The University must also ensure, under the Financial Memorandum with the Department for Employment and Learning (DEL), that it has a sound system of internal financial management and control. The Financial Procedures Manual is an integral part of this control system and it is important that:
- all staff are made aware of the manual
- that it is readily available for reference, and
- that those staff with specific responsibilities in relation to income and expenditure ensure that the procedures are strictly adhered to. Staff who fail to comply may be subject to disciplinary action.
The manual has been issued to Heads of Schools and Directors of Academic Related areas. The manual will be subject to ongoing maintenance and additions, and amendments will be issued as required. Should you or your staff have any specific queries at this stage please refer them to your School/Directorate Accountant in the first instance but general comments on the structure and contents of the manual should be directed to Ms Sharon Clarke (Ext. 3731).
Click here to download the Financial Procedures Manual
Tips on Printing
Adobe Reader is used to display this PDF document. When you have opened the document, use the Adobe Reader toolbar to:
- Print the document by clicking on the printer icon
- Save the document by clicking on the floppy disc icon
- Increase the text size for on-screen viewing by clicking on the + icon