The Management Accounting team provides a professional support service to the four primary budget holders within the University. The Faculty Finance teams are based in each of the Faculty Offices. The Corporate and Professional Services Management Accounting teams are located in the Administration Building (Level 3).
The Service Provided
The service provided covers the following:
- the preparation of and pursuance of the University’s key strategic financial plans through the production of the University’s Financial Forecasts, estimates and budget setting process
- monitoring the actual financial strategy against that planned and approved
- provision of a professional financial management support service to the four primary budget holders
The Management Accounting team has 4 support teams providing dedicated advice and support to budget holders (click here for key contacts). The key elements of support offered to budget holders include the following:
- provision of a professional financial management service for Faculties and Professional Services, including the provision of training courses on financial management.
- prepare, monitor and control detailed pay and non-pay budgets at School and Departmental level.
- assist in the preparation of the University’s monthly management accounts and quarterly reports and in the development of corporate financial information.
- assist in the accounting and reporting arrangements for projects funded from special initiatives ensuring the requirements of external funders are met.
- liaising and working closely with Pro Vice-Chancellor's, Deans, School Administrators, Directors and staff throughout the University on financial management issues.