The University’s Procurement Strategy is focussed on a number of key objectives:-
- Promote procurement practices which will ensure:
- that value for money is achieved through the efficient use of resources
- that total cost is managed appropriately
- that procurement power is maximised
- that risk is minimised
- that legal requirements are adhered to
- that corporate, social responsibilities are adhered to
- that best practice is met, and exceeded where possible
- Raise awareness throughout the University of the scale and impact of procurement and its potential contribution to service delivery, whilst ensuring the support and long-term commitment of all Heads and Directors.
- Promote procurement professionalism by raising the level of purchasing knowledge, skills and expertise amongst all staff, and by recognising their achievements.
- Encourage openness, honesty and integrity in all purchasing activity and ensure that all suppliers are treated with the same degree of non-discrimination, equal treatment, transparency, proportionality and mutual recognition.