RESEARCH SUPPORT OFFICE
is responsible for supporting the administration of all externally-funded research in the University. The office is located in level 2 of the
The Research Support Office is structured in three teams, each led by a Research Support Officer, to facilitate Schools in applying for external funding for research and in the management of successful awards. Click here to access the team responsible for your area.
Research Support Officers will also provide information and advice on:
- Finding funding sources for research
- Promotion of special funding initiatives
- Provision of a conduit for information between sponsors of research and the University
- Specialist advice service for EC Framework 7 funding
- Promotion of a Staff Training & Development course on 'Tips and Tools for Research Funding’
Research Support Officers will also provide assistance with costing research proposals on the basis of full economic costs using the on-line
The introduction of full economic costing highlights the issue of what price to charge sponsors for undertaking a research project. The section - ‘Determining the Price to be Charged' - provides detailed guidelines on this matter, however, academics should liaise closely with their Head of School and the Research Support Office when deciding on the price to be charged for undertaking research.