TAS Completion Instructions
1. There are 2 versions of the TAS form
- i. A 'Medical TAS' for academic staff in the school of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences which enables time spent on clinical services to be separately identified.
ii. An 'Academic TAS' for academic staff in all other schools.
2. Each member of academic staff should complete the relevant TAS for each of the three identified periods in 2011-12.
3. Please record time spent on all identified activities in percentage terms and ensure that the total equals 100%. You may find it more convenient to complete the electronic version of the TAS form available here. This only allows data entry into the correct cells and automatically totals the schedule.
4. Staff should record all time spent on Queens activities, irrespective of where the work is carried out. However, activities carried out for personal rather than institutional benefit should not be recorded. An example is research in an area of interest to the academic but which is not part of Queen's research strategy and would not lead to a research project or be entered into the REF.
5. For more detailed guidance on where specific duties and day to day activities should be recorded please refer to the Definitions of Activities and Alphabetical List of Activities sections of this website.
These sections also explain how to record time such as annual leave, maternity and long-term sick leave, travel time and consultancy.
6. All completed schedules should be forwarded to the Head of School within 2 weeks of the end of the period. The Head of School will then certify the returns before submitting them to the Finance department. TAS data will be cross-referenced to various sources of management information including academic workload, awarded research contracts and teaching load.
7. For any specific queries on completing a TAS, please contact Stephen Grant in the Costing section of the Finance department on 5232 or e-mail email@example.com.