The Core Values of Queen's University Belfast were recently developed by staff and students.
Respect - We trust, value and empower each other
Integrity - We act honestly, ethically and transparently in all we do
Excellence - We strive to do our best at all times
Ambition - We are forward with a strong desire to be the best
Connected- We are active collaborators recognising we can do more together.
These values express our shared understanding of what we believe, how we aim to behave and what we aspire to be as an International organisation.
The Equality and Diversity Unit works to enhance the QUB Core Values and to ensure that Queen's is an environment which is inclusive and welcoming to all.
Our Unit Objectives
- Promoting best practice in Equality and Diversity.
- Promoting the mainstreaming of Equality and Diversity into all planning processes and functions of the University.
- Supporting Equality and Diversity good practice and initiatives across the University.
- Developing and supporting the implementation of policies and procedures that promote Equality and Diversity.
- Training and briefing staff at all grades on Equality and Diversity issues.
- Providing a confidential source of advice and support to individual staff members on Equality and Diversity issues.
- Ensuring the University is compliant with Equality legislation.
If you need confidential advice as an individual member of staff, or would like to make any comments about Equality and Diversity issues at QUB, or if you are working on a policy, service or project which would welcome our input please contact us on 02890 973039 or by emailing us at email@example.com.