Employees are required to notify their Line Manager / Supervisor of their sickness absence in a timely manner. Only in exceptional circumstances should a message be left with another member of staff.
First Day of Sickness
- On first day of sickness the employee calls and notifies their Line Manager / Supervisor of their absence advising reason for illness and indicating the expected duration of the absence
- The Line Manager / Supervisor completes section one of the Sickness Absence Form (SAF) and notifies the nominated Monitoring Officer
- The Monitoring Officer records the sickness record on the online absence recording system
- Employees must keep regular contact with their Line Manager / Supervisor during the absence. They must make contact on the fourth working day of absence to advise of any likely return to work date.
- For absences in excess of 7 consecutive days employees must provide a Statement of Fitness for Work from their medical practitioner