Who is the Staff Coaching Service for?
- The Staff Coaching Service is for Queen’s staff who would welcome the opportunity to work with a trained coach on a 1:1 basis
- Initially the service is being offered to particular groups (several groups who have completed a management/leadership development initiative). It is hoped the service will be offered to a wider audience thereafter.
How do I access the Staff Coaching Service?
You need to complete an application form to access coaching support which includes the following:
- A brief outline of the topics/area that you would like to address with a coach
- A commitment from you to attend all coaching sessions that you schedule and to participate fully in these sessions
- A commitment from you to apply learning and take responsibility for your own development
- A commitment from you to give feedback on the usefulness/benefits of the coaching service
- Line manager authorisation is required to apply to work with a Coach.
How does the Staff Coaching Service work?
- If your application has been successful, you will be matched with a coach as soon as is feasible.
- You will have an initial meeting with your coach to agree dates, times and venue of your coaching sessions ( a guideline is 4 to 6 x 1 hr sessions within a 3 – 6 month period)
- The Coaching Conversations will take place in a completely confidential and supportive environment, and the details of the sessions will remain confidential.
- The coachee and coach agree a focus for the sessions – the issues/area that the coachee wants to see a difference on.
Who are the Coaches?
The coaches are a fully trained cross section of staff who participate in Coaching alongside their main job role.