- Application only programme
- Supports Queen's values
- Sponsored by Senior managers
- Personal leadership and key leadership themes explored
- Provides peer learning and networking opportunities
- Underpinned by Queen's Leadership Framework
- Supports Queen's Professional Behaviours
What is the Excellence programme about?
It’s about supporting you in developing positive leadership and management behaviours within a Queen’s context. This is achieved via an intensive programme of modules on key leadership themes, 360 degree feedback, peer learning, contributions from Queen’s senior managers and action on personal and workbased leadership challenges.
Who is it for?
Senior staff in a leadership/management role with significant responsibility for managing people and resources. e.g. senior staff of Academic Support Directorates (Grade 8 – 10) senior Academic and Research staff (Directors of Research/Education, and staff at Grade AC3/AC4).
How will the programme help develop you?
Programme is rooted in Queen’s key strategic intentions and priorities:
- Modules addressing key management/leadership capabilities and behaviours that will help you prepare for and respond to challenges and change
- “One University” – collaboration and collegiality through mixed groups and peer learning sessions
- Being more ambitious – helps you implement Vision 2020 by applying practical learning from the programme via a work-based project
- Focus on self awareness and performance – 360 degree feedback
What does the Excellence programme look like?
Location: Riddel Hall
Launch Event – 30 Nov 2017
Module 1 - 23 & 24 Jan 2018
Module 2 – 6 & 7 March 2018
Module 3 – 10 & 11 April 2018
Module 4 – 9 & 10 May 2018
Close & Project Showcase Event – 13 June 2018
Information Pack and Application available here
Applications (scanned) should be submitted via email by Friday 29th September 2017 to Paula Teggart, Organisational Development at email@example.com
Interested in discovering how your leadership practice has changed since completing the Excellence programme?
1:1 Coaching1:1 coaching is available as an option to Excellence alumni via the Queen’s Staff Coaching Service. Coaching is an excellence development tool to support you in working through leadership challenges.
Repeat 360 feedback exercise
Repeating the process 18 - 24 months after you have orginally received feedback will allow you to see if you have implemented any changes to the way in which you lead and manage.
Further development using the MBTI tool
Further Development using psychometric tools - You might be interested in further exploring how you might best use your general behavioural styles and preferences in your leadership role.