Francis Guinane (Training and Development Manager)
Tel Ext. 6699
Paul Monahan (Training Officer)
Tel Ext. 6632
Roisin Macartney (Training Officer)
Tel Ext. 6609
Paula Teggart (Training Officer)
Tel Ext. 6637
Andrew Harvey (Acting Training Co-Ordinator)
Tel Ext. 6601
Erin Davidson (Clerical Officer)
Tel Ext. 6590
Please contact us or call in and we will do our best to help you.
Staff Training & Development Unit
Telephone: (028) 9097 6590/6601
How to find us
We are located at No. 7 Lennoxvale, which is 15 minutes walk from the main site. From the front of Queen’s Lanyon Building, proceed up the Malone Road past Fisherwick Presbyteran Church and Chlorine Gardens and Lennoxvale is next on the left (street with white pillars at the entrance). We are located at the top of the street on the right-hand side. Click here to view our location on the campus map:
Please note that there are no parking facilities available at Lennoxvale.
It is our aim to provide a comprehensive, strategic and responsive service to develop all staff in the University.
The Unit will:
- Establish training and development needs and priorities across the University
- Deliver a central programme of training events for all staff
- Provide focussed programmes or support for specific needs or groups of staff
- Provide support for staff undertaking courses of study (externally or iternally)
- Provide support for staff attending courses and conferences
- Link with the outcomes of staff appraisals and other methods of identifying developmental needs of staff
Staff Training and Development strategic objectives are part of the overall Human Resources Strategy. For further information see Strategy (HR) under www.qub.ac.uk/directorates/HumanResources/PersonnelDepartment/A-ZInformation/
Responsibility for staff development
Responsibility for staff development in the University does not rest solely with STDU.
We encourage managers to help their staff to develop their performance and effectiveness and assist staff to identify their development needs.
Staff should also take responsibility for their own development, identify personal development goals and record developmental activities.
Staff development activities in all areas should be actively encouraged and supported.
These might include:
· Attendance at courses
· Peer advice
· Joint research
· Part-time qualifications
· Rotation of duties
· Self directed learning
· Technical skills updates
· Activities with professional bodies