Skip to main content

Non EEA Nationals

All employees must prove their eligibility to live and work in the UK before starting work with Queen’s.

If you are offered a job you will be advised, upon receipt of your appointment pack, what documentation you are required to provide as proof of your eligibility to live and work in the UK. You can also check if you need a visa on the government services website.

Non-EEA staff require a visa to live and work in the UK.

UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) controls immigration to the UK from outside the EU and hold sole discretion over an individual’s UK visa application. There are a range of visa types which permit work in the UK. For comprehensive information on the respective visa categories and processes, and to find out what type of visa you require, please refer to the guidance and information provided on the UKVI website.

Please bear in mind that the burden of proof lies with the applicant. To avoid disappointments or delays to your visa application, we urge incoming international staff to familiarise themselves with the documents required, processing times and costs involved.

NOTE: Northern Ireland forms part of the United Kingdom. Separate visa requirements apply for travel in the Republic of Ireland. As there is no physical border between the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland you will not pass through UK immigration control if arriving to Belfast through Dublin. As such, your passport will not be endorsed with a UK entry stamp. This may affect your ability at a later date to evidence your date of entry to the UK (e.g. if applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR)).