Queen's University multimedia Language Centre offers all students the opportunity to improve their language skills, top study a new language, or to enhance language learning already taking place. The Language Centre provides students throughout the University with language learning facilities unparalleled elsewhere in Britain and Ireland. Facilities include:
- Private study area which all university students can use on a 'drop in' basis plus 1 computer suite with 18 workstations. All computers are installed with Microsoft in English, French, Spanish and German along with a range of language learning software.
- All PCs are networked and installed with a range of the latest language learning software. CD-ROM courses and on-line dictionaries for all levels (beginners, intermediate and advanced) in many languages.
- Access to live satellite TV from over 300 stations including most European countries
- A large library of language materials such as books, tapes, dictionaries and guides
- Access to computer based courses designed and developed by native speakers and QUB staff
- A large video-DVD library of course material and films in many languages
- Updated links to relevant and useful websites in many languages
- Language Centre staff always available for assistance and advice
- Headphones for listening and recording
Opening Hours Term-Time:
The teaching labs are timetabled for use 9.00 a.m. - 9.00 p.m. Monday to Thursday and 9.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m. Friday.