Getting Started Toolbox
|||IP Address||New PC Setup|
|||Queen's Online||Register for Email (QF01)|
|||Email and Calendars||||Remote Working|
|||Keeping Data Safe||||IT Policies|
|||Telephone Services||||Health and Safety|
|||Storage and Backup|
The links below will get you quick and easy access to the support you need.
Specialist training is also available:
- To support Researchers at Queen's - High Performance Computing courses
- Staff and students have the opportunity to sign up to language courses (via Language Centre)
- Video production training is available for staff
- The library offer RefWorks training for staff and postgraduate students
IT for Teaching
The following sections outline the facilities and services offered by Information Services to support the use of blended learning at Queen’s:
IT for Research
|Information Services support for research is provided by Subject Librarians and specialist research computing staff. A range of services are provided from the exploitation of the Library Special Collections to support for the use of specialist computing hardware and resources.
The Research Support division offers academics access to a range of high performance computing systems.
IT for Administration
Information Services provides technical support and systems development for users of the University’s core administration systems.
- For access to these systems it is best to contact the owner of the system directly
- Visit support information for training courses, manuals, helplines and websites
Some of the systems require software to be installed on your machine while others use Queen’s Online (If the system is not displayed as a link on your Queen’s Online homepage, email firstname.lastname@example.org)
All systems require authentication either through Queen’s Online or through a separate Username/Password.
Many of the systems require the user to be nominated by their department.