The Calendar facility is very powerful. Staff can share calendars, authorise others to view or edit their calendars, or more simply you can view a colleague's Free/Busy time without identifying what colleagues have put into their diaries. Students manage and view only their own calendars. Calendars in SharePoint can be synchronised with Outlook (in Outlook there are more calendar management tools).
These facilities are described in this PDF document Calendar Management [16-page PDF]: the topics are
- Calendar Views and Navigation
- Schedule an appointment
- Create a recurrent series of appointments
- Print Calendar
- Schedule a meeting
- To View someone else’s calendar
- To Grant Permission to Other People to see your Exchange Calendar
- Mark an appointment private
- View and use a SharePoint calendar
It is not possible to grant sharing permissions while using Outlook Web Access.
Note: You will require Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer to download pdf files. This software can be downloaded from the Adobe website.