Accessing the Service
Through the Research section in Queen’s Online (QOL), researchers can access the following resources and tools:
- My Research: Research Management Information System called Pure, which provides a repository for information relative to your research activities within the University, including your publications, research profile and academic CV. You can login to Pure via QOL. More information on Pure, including support information, is available on QOL. You can also access the Research Portal via QOL.
- Concordat: Career development support and resources for contract research staff.
- MATLAB: A high-performance language for technical computing. It is used in many ways including mathematical computation, modelling, simulation, data analysis, visualization, engineering graphics and graphical interfacing building.
- pFACT: Online software to assist in the costing of projects using the principles of full economic costing (FEC).
- Research Links: Links to relevant University resources including the Library and Staff Training and Development Unit
- Research Zone: Links to information relating to research activities including developing research proposals, applying for research grants and knowledge transfer.
- Research Professional: Access to the Research Professional portal where you can share resources with other researchers, set up email alerts for funding opportunities and search the news archive.
The Library Research Skills page provides access to a large number of electronic resources covering the subject areas included in the University’s research programmes as well as information on database search skills, Refworks and Bibliometrics.