Passwords are the simplest form of security, but they are also the most overlooked by users. In order to make your password more secure, you should follow these guidelines (to change your password use the Change Password link on the Queen's Online home page):
- Password is case sensitive.
- Must be at least 6 characters long.
- Must include at least 1 uppercase letter.
- Must include at least 1 number.
- Must not include part of your name or username.
- New password may not have been used previously during the last six months.
- Share your password or write it down
- Use a password that someone can easily guess such as birthday, maiden name or family name
- Use a word that can be found in a dictionary
- Use a password that is similar to a previous one
Note: Your password can include special characters such as % but do not use the pound symbol (£)