Your Staff/Student Smart Card (SSC) is your staff/student ID and should be carried at all times when on campus.
Students: You will receive your Smart Card at Registration. It is expected to last for the full duration of your stay at Queen's. You will need to bring it with you each year to Registration so that it can be revalidated.
New Staff Member: Visit Personnel as soon as possible, preferably on your first day to get your Smart Card. Phone extension x3044 (or 028 90973044 from outside the University) to make an appointment.
When you get your Staff/Student Smart Card, you can access a range of services including:
- Electronic Payment for a Number of Services
- Print and Photocopying
- Treehouse in Elms
- Some School Facilities
- Catering Outlets
- ‘Educational’ items in the Students’ Union Shop
- Purchase of Books from Blackwell’s
- Popup Store in Students’ Union
- Online Store
- Language Courses from the Main Issue Desk in The McClay Library
- Computer Shop (The McClay Library)
- PEC Membership
- Entry to QFT
- Belfast Festival Events, Welcome Centre
- Careers Items, Student Guidance Centre
- Payment of Library Fines
- Access to Buildings on Campus, such as the The McClay Library etc.
- Library Services
- Borrowing of Books
- Self Issue of Laptops
Click on the links on the right of this page to find out more information about Smart Card services, including how to manage your Smart Card and Student Experience Bursary information (under the heading Accessing the Service).