Adding Funds to your Card
Your Smart Card has a number of purses:
Personal Cash Purse. For general use and can be used at any location that takes electronic payment usign the SmartCard. Add money to it using option A or B (see below). The limit on this purse is £30.
Print and Photocopy Purse. This is a dedicated purse for printing and photocopying only, with preferential rates – a 20% increase to the value loaded e.g. £5 taken from your credit/debit card will add £6 into this purse. Add money to this purse through Option A (see below). The limit on this purse is £80.
Student Experience Bursary. This purse is updated automatically if the University receives confirmation from the Student Loans Company that you are entitled to a bursary. The limit on this purse is £500
Add funds to your smart card via Option A or B explained below :
- Log into Queen’s Online and launch the “My Smart Card” application.
- Select a purse and the amount to be added.
- Pay using your credit/debit card. This transaction takes place over a secure network connection.
- The balance on the Smart Card will be increased the next time you insert the card into any card reader. Insert your card into a reader and the message "Card Being Updated" will briefly display as the new funds are added to the card. You will also receive a transaction confirmation from WorldPay (keep this as proof of the transaction).
Using the cash upload machines in the libraries(McClay, MBC or RVH), you can use cash to add funds to the Personal Cash Purse only.
- Cash upload machines are located near the print/photocopying facilities in the libraries.
- The machines take both notes and coins.
- Instructions are printed on the machines.
- Please follow these instructions carefully and make sure that you do not remove your card until it has been updated.