Taking Care of your Card: Your Smart Card is expected to last for the full duration of your stay at Queen’s. A replacement card will incur a £10 charge for all students! To ensure the durability and validity of the card:
- Keep the card in a safe carrying case – e.g. a credit card wallet
- Keep the card away from magnets to avoid magnetic damage
- Keep the surface clean and free from marks or scratches
- Do not punch holes in the card
- Do not tamper with or bend the card
- Do not wash the card, avoid exposing it to excessive heat or use it for any purpose for which it was not designed.
Damaged, Lost or Stolen Cards: It is important to deactivate and report a lost or stolen card as soon as possible. More information at Damaged/Lost/Stolen Smart Card?
Contact Us: If you need help, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions section. If you need further assistance then the following is advised:
- If your problem relates to a specific service (e.g. using your card for printing in the Student Computing Areas or borrowing books in the libraries) then please ask the staff who support that service locally e.g. Computer Assistants or the Borrower Services Desk.
- If you are a student and your problem has to do with your card (e.g. you have not received your card, your card has incorrect information or is not working) then please contact the Student Guidance Centre (the Information Desk is on the first floor or email firstname.lastname@example.org).
- For other enquiries or assistance, please email email@example.com (for students) or firstname.lastname@example.org (for staff) with the details and we will answer your question. Please quote your student or staff number in any email.