Taking Care of your Card: Your Smart Card is expected to last for the full duration of your stay at Queen’s. A replacement card will incur a £10 charge for all students! To ensure the durability and validity of the card:
- Keep the card in a safe carrying case – e.g. a credit card wallet
- Keep the card away from magnets to avoid magnetic damage
- Keep the surface clean and free from marks or scratches
- Do not punch holes in the card
- Do not tamper with or bend the card
- Do not wash the card, avoid exposing it to excessive heat or use it for any purpose for which it was not designed.
- Hotlist (disable the card), on the My Smart Card page. The Hotlist card screen will appear. Click the Hotlist card button.
- Once you click the Hotlist card button your Smart Card will cease to be operational for electronic payments or access to buildings using the proximity functionality - NOTE the barcode will still be functional so you can get access to library and issue of books.
- Lost or stolen cards should be reported to Student Administrative Services and Systems (Student Records) Office (email@example.com / telephone: 028 9097 2727).
- The system records all transactions for a given card. If a new card has to be issued it will contain the balances that were on the previous card at the point that it was reported lost.
- If you find your Smart card again, you can reactivate it through QOL by clicking the un-hotlist card icon
- Once a card has been replaced the old card cannot be reactivated
- There will be a £10 charge for replacement cards for all students!
Contact Us: If you need help, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions section. If you need further assistance then the following is advised:
- If your problem relates to a specific service (e.g. using your card for printing in the Student Computing Areas or borrowing books in the libraries) then please seek help from the staff who support that service locally e.g. Computer Assistants or the Borrower Services Desk.
- If you are a student and your problem has to do with your card (e.g. you have not received your card, your card has incorrect information or is not working) then you should contact the Student Guidance Centre (the Information Desk is on the first floor or email firstname.lastname@example.org).
- For other enquiries or assistance, please email email@example.com (for students) or firstname.lastname@example.org (for staff) with the details and we will answer your question. Please quote your student or staff number in any email.