WiFi for staff, students and library members
- Select _QUB_WiFi from the list of available networks
- Enter your Queen's staff/student number and password - you may be asked to trust or accept a certificate (please do so if prompted)
- Open Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari, browse to www.qub.ac.uk and complete your sign on
Queen’s WiFi supports Windows, OSX (snow leopard and above), iOS, Android and Kindle.
If you are unable to connect to the WiFi service, please visit the IT Service Desk located on the ground floor in The McClay Library. If you have a Computer Officer in your School, please check with that colleague first.
Eduroam (education roaming) is a Secure Internet Connection Primarily for Visitors from another Educational Institution
|Users must configure and test their eduroam connection at their home institution (before travelling).|
|How do I connect to eduroam?|
eduroam for visitors to QUB from another educational institution
eduroam for QUB Staff and Students when visiting another institution
Information Services can provide wi-fi access for delegates with laptops and other mobile devices. This includes wireless access in many buildings across campus, see Wi-Fi map for details.
There are two options available:
- Delegates from educational institutions that are part of eduroam, should be able to connect using the same username and password as they use at their home institution.
- Delegates not from an Eduroam institution or outside of education, their conference organiser needs to apply for Conference Wireless Accounts in advance of the conference through Eventus. If not organised through Eventus then contact email@example.com.
There is a charge for this service. Please note: requests must be at least 5 working days in advance.
WiFi for visitors - The Cloud
Visitors to the University can connect via The Cloud at the following locations: Whitla Hall, Great Hall & Welcome Centre, Students' Union The Space, Queen's Film Theatre, Queen's Sport (PEC) Cafe, Queen's Sport Upper Malone, The Elms Village Treehouse, INTO (Lennoxvale).
Students and Staff should continue to use "_QUB_WiFi", which is the University's primary wireless service. Visitors from other institutions should use "eduroam".
Connect to Visitor WiFi
- On your laptop, tablet or phone connect to _The Cloud network
- This displays a web browser where you can register or login (if you have already registered with The Cloud).
If a web browser does not appear, open your preferred web browser and navigate to any web page. The Cloud landing page should open as above.
Help and Support
The IT Service Desk will not be able to provide support for Visitor WiFi provided by The Cloud.