Printing - useful tips (save on costs, double sided: useful for printing draft work and also journal articles, avoid colour printing in PowerPoint).
Print to an SCA printer from anywhere on the Web: http://www.qub.ac.uk/cps/
The Smart card explain how to print and photocopying using your smart card.
It is possible for Schools to purchase print quotas for all students on a module by module basis (3p per page). The academic unit indicates to Computing Services the module name and the number of pages to be purchased.
Printing in Colour
It is possible to colour print in the following locations:
The McClay Library, Elmwood Learning and Teaching Centre, the Medical Biology Centre (MBC) and the Medical Library.
Colour output cost is 5 print credits (A4) as compared to 1 print quote for black & white.
It is also possible to do large format colour printing e.g. for conference posters.
Scanners and CD-Writers are available in the following locations:
The McClay Library (printing and photocopy rooms) and Elmwood Learning and Teaching Centre, Independent Study Room 1 has 2 scanners.
The following PCs have CD writers:
- The McClay Library can write to CD and DVD (all PCs)
- Elmwood Learning and Teaching Centre Independent Study 1 (78)
- Elmwood Learning and Teaching Centre Independent Study 2 (27)
- Elmwood Learning and Teaching Centre Independent Study 3 (6)
- Elmwood Learning and Teaching Centre Teaching Room 3 (5)