Software, which is currently available in the Student Computer Centres includes:
- the Windows 7 Operating System
- Microsoft Office 2010: Wordprocessing (Word), Spreadsheets (Excel), Databases (Access), Presentation software (PowerPoint). Click to find out more about Office 2010 and Windows 7.
- Internet: Electronic Mail (Outlook Web Access), Internet Browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome) - you can access your Queen's email outside via any browser or via a smart phone. Please note the version of Outlook Web Access varies according to the browser used.
- Statistical packages such as SPSS
- Other software recommended by your tutors
- Computer Based Learning for a variety of academic subjects
Note: Students are not permitted to install software on the PCs in the SCCs. If software is necessary for your course/module, your lecturer can make a case for it to be installed on the server.