There are two categories of membership: Personal Associate for members using the library for educational and leisure purposes and Professional Associate for members using the library in connection with their profession or business. Professional associate cards can be used by any employee of the member organisation.
Please note that associate members must bring their library card with them to gain access to any of the Queen's Library sites.
How to apply:
- Return the completed application form and payment to Associate Membership Service, Queen's University Belfast, Medical Library, Mulhouse Building, RVH, Belfast BT12 6DP.
- Apply in person at either The McClay Library or the Medical Library - you must bring current photographic ID and proof of address (up to 6 months old) if applying in person.
NB: if applying in person, there is no guarantee that your application will be processed immediately.
Personal Associate Membership - Annual fees (all prices include VAT)
- New QUB Graduates £48 (reduced rate applies for 6 months from date of QUB graduation)
- QUB Graduates £60
- Other £102
Professional Associate Membership - Annual fees (all prices include VAT)
- Full rate £192
- Charities £96
Application Forms to download
- Examples of photographic ID, one of the following - Current UK driving licence; Current signed passport; Current work ID; Electoral ID card.
- Examples of proof of address, one of the following - Bank/Credit Card statement (up to 6 mths old); Bank/Building Society Passbook (with recent update); Recent utitilties bill (up to 6 mths old); Recent payslip (with home address).
- Personal Associate Members may borrow up to 10 books from the unrestricted collections of any branch of the Library.
- Professional Associate Members may borrow up to 15 books from the unrestricted collections of any branch of the Library.
- The normal loan period is 4 weeks which can be extended on request.
- Please note that some law and official publications material is for reference use only.
- Membership of the Library does not include off-campus access to electronic resources and only restricted access via the QCat Library Catalogue is available on-campus.
- Associate members may also make use of services such as inter-library loan and document delivery for an additional charge.