Finding Books and Other Material
You can access the Library catalogue (QCat Discover) and most electronic resources from any PC on the University campus. If you have internet access at home you can access library electronic resources through Queen’s Online by logging in with your Queen's username and password.
Use QCat Discover to find out if the Library holds an item you require.
- You can search by author, title or keyword.
- If we have the item you are looking for it will be displayed, along with details of the Library in which it is held, how long it can be borrowed for and its library shelfmark location.
- Books, journals and other resources are arranged in shelfmark order.
- The shelfmark, which indicates the subject of the book, is the combination of letters and numbers printed on the spine (and/or front cover) of each item.
- Everything in the Library is shelved alphabetically and numerically according to the shelfmark.
- Consult the floor plan or signs in each library to guide you to the correct place on the shelves, or ask a member of library staff.
- For books / journal articles that you need that are not available in Queen’s see Inter-Library Loans (ILL).
- Remember much of the content of the library's journal collections can be found online together with a growing collection of ebooks.
Please follow the links below for guidance on using QCat Discover and finding information, or contact a member of Library staff.
- Introducing QCat Discover
- How to find and connect to journals on QCat Discover
- Finding electronic resources on QCat Discover
- Using the mobile shelving in The McClay Library
- Using QR codes
Exam papers are available on Queen's Online or by following the link here