Fines and Charges
All overdue loans are subject to fines. You may not be able to borrow if you have any outstanding charges. The following rates apply:
- Standard loans: 10p per day
- Standard loans requested by another borrower: 20p per day
- 1 night loans: 50p per hour (or part hour)
- 2 night loans: 50p per hour (or part hour)
- 7 night (The McClay Library only): 50p per day
- 1 week (Medical and Biomedical Libraries only): 50p per day
- DVDs 50p per hour (or part hour)
Fines and charges can be paid at the Borrower Services Desk in any of the Libraries.
Alternatively students can use their smartcards in the Fines Payment Stations, located in The McClay Library, the Medical Library and the Biomedical Library.
Borrowers who have very overdue items may be invoiced for their replacement cost.
If you have lost an item, contact the Library as soon as possible. When you report an item missing or lost, we start a search of the Library for it. If it is not found we invoice you for a replacement. Once you have paid your invoice, we will clear your record.
Full Library regulations are included in the Regulations for students (other regulations) pages available from the General Regulations: University Calendar web page.