Receiving ILL Items
Articles by Secure Electronic Delivery - The British Library normally delivers the document directly to your email as an Adobe PDF within two working days but may occasionally take longer.
- SED emails will arrive in your intray from Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The document must be viewed within 30 days of despatch by British Library after which it will be deleted. Even if saved to your PC, it will only remain viewable during this period.
- You may download and print your document once and view it on the same computer for up to 14 days.
- You cannot forward the document after you have opened it.
- To download documents you must install the FileOpen plugin http://plugin.fileopen.com and download a test document http://fileopen.bl.uk.
Click here for a FileOpen Problem Solving Guide.
Postal Delivery - photocopied articles are posted directly to you.
For loan items, QUB staff and students will receive an email to notify them to collect the item(s) from the Branch Library where they made the request.
HSC staff will either receive a notification to collect the item from the library where the request was made, or the item will be posted to you, depending on your work address.
Restrictions are placed on some material, by the lending library requiring that it be used in the library only.