We operate a request system so that we can make popular items available to as many borrowers as possible.
- You can reserve up to 5 items.
- You can reserve standard loan items and 1 week loan items.
- You cannot reserve 1 night, 2 night or 7 night loan items.
Requesting items on loan
Books on loan from the Library's standard and 1 week loan collections can be requested using the QCat Library Catalogue.
- Search for the item in the QCat Library Catalogue.
- A 'Request it' button is displayed if all requestable copies are on loan.
- Click on the link to place your request.
- If you haven't already logged in to My Account, you will need to enter your Library / Student number and password.
- Select where you would like to collect the item when it is available (pick up location) and click to confirm your request.
Requesting items from other Queen's Libraries
Books and journal articles can be requested from other Queen's libraries if they are not available in the library you are using. Requests are made via the Inter-Branch Loan service. Staff at any of the Borrower Services Desks can take your request.
Collecting a request
Requested items can be picked up from the self-service collection shelves in The McClay Library and Biomedical Library, or from the Borrower Services Desk in the Medical Library or AFBI libraries.
Please cancel your request if you no longer need a book - other people might be waiting for it.