Marketing and Creative Services


Q: Do I have to use the Queen’s logo on my marketing material?
A: Yes, the University’s logo is the only approved image for the vast majority of University business and must always be used.

Q: What version of the logo should I use?
A: It depends on what application you need it for. The logo has a number of formats. The Marketing and Creative Services Unit can offer advice on which is the most appropriate option.

Q: What is the approved font for internal use?
A: Arial. The recommended size is 10 point with line spacing set at 13 point.

Q: What if the stationery is for a joint project in which we are equal partners?
A: The Marketing and Creative Services Unit is happy to give advice in this instance. Please contact the unit on ext. 2586.

Q: Can I use letterheads for internal communications?
A: Internal communications, including those to senior officers, must normally be in the form of memos rather than letters on headed paper. An internal b/w letterhead is available for letters that are to be faxed or photocopied, or for use with networked printers.

Q: I need a publication produced urgently. Where do I start?
A: Call the Marketing and Creative Services Unit for advice on 2586 or find more information on producing a publication.

Q: I need Queen’s-branded folders for a conference. Are these available?
A: A number of new folders are now available. Please call the Marketing and Creative Services Unit for advice on ext.2586.

Q: I am working on a research project and would like to create my own logo. Is this allowed?
A: More information on the University's corporate identity and brand is available here.