Mature Students Event
As a result of feedback from mature students, the Learning Development Service is delivering an Academic and Personal Development Programme to help you make the most of your academic experience at Queen’s University Belfast.
Through the programme you will have the opportunity to:
- meet other mature students throughout the academic year
- gain helpful tips
- participate in relevant academic skills workshops
- complete a Myers Briggs personality profile to help you identify your preferred approach to study
Come along and find out more at our launch event on Thursday 20th September (details below). Lunch will be provided and if you have time there will be the options of a tour of Queen’s and a Belfast bus tour.
Programme Launch, Thursday 20th September, 12–2pm, Welcome Week, Council Chamber (Main Lanyon Building)
- Welcome and Introduction to Academic Life: Paula Moran, Learning Development Service
- The Mature Student Experience: Angela McQuade, Learning Development Service
- Student Union support: Jessica Kirk, Equality Officer, Students Union
- Library Resources: Norma Menabney, Subject Librarian, McClay Library
- IT at Queen’s: Patrick Brannigan, IT Training and Assessment Unit
- Referencing resource: Tim Crawford, Learning Development Service
Free lunch and informal Q&A session and Campus Tour