There are lots of employability-enhancing activities available through Queen's. Here are a few suggestions that may be of particular interest to students of your degree programmes.
- Discover routes to degree plus
- Find out more about international exchange, study and work abroad
- Consider applying for Project Children – 8 week paid internship in the US. Internships are provided in many fields. Application deadline is in spring.
- Find voluntary work through Volunteer SU and at Volunteer Now.
- Organisations such as BUNAC, CCUSA, Camp America and Projects Abroad advertise a variety of paid and voluntary vacation-time opportunities throughout the world.
- See the British Council’s work and volunteer links.
- Participate in Insight into Management - a 3 day business skills programme run over Easter
- Attend Careers fairs and employer events. These happen all year round and will be advertised on MyFuture.
Specialist support is available from Mark and the QUB Career service by:
- Getting registered with suggested websites and job boards in your area of interest
- Individual appointments and Mark can meet students in small groups (similar interests ideally)
- Attending workshops on applications, interview skills and assessment centre (central careers)
- Attending events of interest
- The Queen’s School of Biological Sciences Careers website is a good information source to get you started.